The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership Successful Managers Must Play
About the Webinar
Leading others isn’t easy. The most effective managers understand that different situations call for different leadership roles. Sometimes you need to pitch in and be a team player; sometimes you need to put on your coaching hat. At other times, you need to either manage the crew or steer the whole ship. These 4 essential leadership roles — player, coach, manager, and leader — define how you interact with your team, and each requires a unique mindset and different skillset.
Changing your perspective (especially on the fly) isn’t easy, but nothing important ever is. In this webinar, we’ll go over the different leadership roles all managers need to be able to play and discuss how they tie into the 6 essential skillsets that new leaders should master. We’ll also take a look at proven, research-based approaches to making a smoother transition from individual contributor to first-level leader. Join us and you’ll discover:
- The 4 leadership roles the most successful managers play;
- The crucial “flip” in thinking that you must make to transition to leading others for the first time;
- The key skills that all leaders of people and projects must build and continuously hone; and
- The needs of modern learners, given different modalities of learning, and options for how frontline leaders can develop themselves and their ability to play different leadership roles.
Who should attend:
- Managers of people or projects looking for tips to develop themselves into better leaders; and
- Talent Management or Learning & Development professionals responsible for developing first-time, first-level, or frontline leaders; or those seeking to understand innovative approaches to developing their talent.
Develop the 4 essential roles of leadership among your frontline managers and first-level leaders. Our new manager courses are targeted to develop needed skills and address common challenges they face.
About the Presenters
Global Portfolio Lead
Center for Creative Leadership
Karissa facilitates leadership development solutions with a special focus on leadership in high tech, biotech, and research-oriented organizations where collaboration and innovation across organizational boundaries and areas of expertise are critical to success. She works with leaders on the frontlines and with women in science and engineering from clients in industry, government, and non-profit settings through our Advancing Technical Women and Maximizing Your Leadership Potential solutions.
Director, Technology-Driven Learning
Center for Creative Leadership
Samir works with various groups here at CCL to ensure that digital learning products and blended learning solutions are designed and delivered seamlessly for our clients. He enjoys designing learning journeys for sophisticated, discerning professionals that are truly immersive and blended.
Samir received his Bachelor of Engineering degree from the University of Pune in India. He has an M.B.A. from the Indian School of Business.