More and more leaders are leading in environments of rapid disruption — and they’re leading teams who aren’t co-located. Today, with increased travel restrictions and reduced budgets, that has intensified. This online effective leadership training program prepares leaders for the ever-changing needs of the new world of work by developing critical skills needed to succeed: leading virtual teams, building resiliency, collaborating with others, and solving complex challenges.
What Will I Learn in This Online Effective Leadership Training?
As a result of participating in this online effective leadership course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the impact your personality and behaviors have on others.
- Provide more effective feedback to colleagues and subordinates.
- Use CCL’s Direction-Alignment-Commitment™ framework as a tool to understand leadership in organizations.
- Maintain resilience while handling uncertainty and solving complex problems.
- Lead and collaborate virtually across organizational and geographical boundaries.
Who Should Take This Effective Leadership Course?
Mid-to-senior level leaders who lead other managers; operational, group, or department managers; or leaders who work up, down and across the organization should attend this online effective leadership training.
Challenges Addressed in This Online Effective Leadership Program
CCL understands that today’s mid-to-senior level leaders face similar challenges:
- Leading virtual teams for high impact results.
- Collaborating across the organization — across the globe.
- Maintaining resiliency while handling uncertainty, solving problems, and dealing with interconnected systems.
- Tackling big priorities on all fronts.
- As leaders balance demanding jobs and roles outside of work, a clear understanding of one’s own leadership style and clarity around development goals is imperative for success.
17.5 hours—90-minute kick-off session one week prior to the course start date, is followed by 4 hours per day over 4 days
Average class size & Faculty/Participant ratio:
1 instructor : 12 participants
We also offer The Effective Leader program for federal government employees. Learn more.
Contact us to learn more about custom delivery and licensing options.
What Participants Are Saying About The Effective Leader Program:
This was the best virtual training I’ve ever attended. The facilitators were excellent. Not a minute was wasted. Zoom was used creatively to maximize participation in a virtual setting. I learned a ton of practical leadership skills that I will now be able to apply to the benefit of my organization. I also learned a lot about myself in the process.
— Whitney Hughes
Deputy Regional Director, Viamo
You’re never “done” learning how to be a good leader. This training helped with resiliency, narrowing in on goals to tackle difficult issues, and sharing anecdotal stories with peers on how to move through a “Key Leadership Challenge.” It was such an enjoyable experience and I would highly recommend this to anyone hoping to gain more insight and confidence in their career.
— Kelsey Smith
Product Design Director, Charter Communications
Why Choose CCL’s The Effective Leader?
- Personalized connection through live interactions with instructors and classmates in the full cohort, and with smaller groups in virtual breakout rooms.
- High faculty-to-participant ratio (1:12) allows faculty to build connections with each learner and help meet each participant’s individual needs.
- Personalized feedback using a variety of validated assessment tools.
- Research-based content continually evolving to focus on the issues that matter most today.
- Hands-on exercises, group discussions, and polls to ensure engagement throughout.
- Online learning provides an opportunity to bring people together who might otherwise have limited opportunities to connect.
- Ongoing support through exclusive alumni community. Learn more.