Managing others requires new skills to handle new challenges. Maximizing Your Leadership Potential guides participants in making the shift from successful individual contributor to effective manager – one of the biggest and most difficult transitions for any leader. Understanding others, motivating others and meeting the needs of diverse teams present new challenges and require new skills.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Increase commitment & engagement of the team.
- Build stronger, sustainable relationships.
- Leverage conflict by understanding self & others.
- Adjust their leadership style & draw on others to understand & problem solve.
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors of individual contributors, first-level or first-time managers.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Leading a team. Being “in charge” is different than being a contributor.
- Getting the work done. New skills are needed to get results via others.
- Dealing with conflict. Interpersonal issues & disagreements can jeopardize teams, departments and projects.
- Solving problems. Bigger, more complicated issues are part of the job.
Why Choose CCL’s Maximizing Your Leadership Potential?
- Research-based content that focuses on the issues that matter most.
- Intense, personalized feedback & coaching.
- Interactive, hands-on format prepares participants to take action back at work.
- Coaching & take-home tools support newly enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution & communication.
- At least 35 sessions offered each year around the globe.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
Phase 1: Prepare
Detailed, personal leadership assessments allow Maximizing Your Leadership Potential to be tailored to participants’ needs. Pre-program assessments provide:
- Insights to broaden leadership perspective.
- A detailed picture of leadership strengths, behaviors & preferences.
- Clarity about development needs.
- A foundation for significant personal & professional growth.
Before the program week, participants, plus selected direct reports, peers and superiors, complete several web-based surveys, including a customized multi-rater assessment of 13 critical leadership competencies for first-level leaders.
Phase 2: Engage
- A focus on a current, key leadership challenge to connect leadership lessons to real issues.
- Experiential activities & practice sessions tailored to provide deeper learning.
- Faculty & peer feedback to provide insight, suggestions, & support.
Phase 3: Apply
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support:
- One 45-minute phone coaching sessions with a certified CCL coach.
- A job aid to help participants utilize tools introduced in the program.
- Access to eLearning (courses, books, checklists, etc.) designed to reinforce lessons learned.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support ( extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages) & custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Average Class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
1 instructor : 12 participants
San Diego, CA
3,900€ ** (2016/2017)
Additional program locations are offered through network associates.
*Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run the full program on-site.
**Excluding VAT in Brussels, Belgium