Managing others requires new skills to handle new challenges. Maximizing Your Leadership Potential guides participants in making the shift from successful individual contributor to effective manager — one of the biggest and most difficult transitions for any leader. Understanding others, motivating others, and meeting the needs of diverse teams present new challenges and require new skills.
What Will I Learn During This New Manager Training?
As a result of attending this new manager course, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Understand how their personality impacts their role as a member of a team.
- Align intention and impact to become more effective communicators.
- Formulate and deliver effective feedback, and manage conflict and resistance.
- Improve their ability to listen to understand.
- Use CCL’s Assessment-Challenge-Support™ model to increase the effectiveness of their performance and development conversations.
- Use a variety of influence styles to scale their impact.
- Use CCL’s Direction-Alignment-Commitment™ framework as a tool to help facilitate better conversations.
You Should Attend Our New Manager Course If…
Experienced managers and supervisors of individual contributors, and/or front-line managers who are preparing to advance to the next level.
What’s Covered in Our New Manager Training Experience?
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential focuses on the different roles and mindsets of managing people and projects (player, coach, manager, and leader). Within that framework our new manager training addresses the following skills:
- Developing Self-Awareness
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Performance Conversations
- Active Listening
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Influencing With and Without Authority
- Learning Agility
Why Choose CCL’s Maximizing Your Leadership Potential?
- Research-based content that focuses on the issues that matter most for front-line managers.
- Intense, personalized feedback and coaching.
- Interactive, hands-on format utilizes experiential learning to prepare participants to take action back at work.
- Coaching and take-home tools support newly enhanced skills of influencing, giving and receiving feedback, communicating, and facilitating effective performance and developmental conversations.
- At least 30 sessions offered each year around the globe.
- Ongoing support through exclusive alumni community. Learn more.
Average Class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
1 instructor : 14 participants
San Diego, CA
Additional program locations are offered through network associates.
*Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run the full program on-site.
Looking for a virtual program for frontline managers? Learn more
**Excluding VAT in Brussels, Belgium
What Participants Say About Maximizing Your Leadership Potential:
say they are overall satisfied with the program
would recommend this program to a colleague
say this program was worth the time & effort