The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) developed Coaching for Human Resource Professionals to help HR leaders refine their own coaching skills, foster coaching skills in others and begin to build a coaching culture in their organization. Coaching makes development accessible for everyone, every day.
Change the way you view development. Today’s organizations are awash in a sea of continuous change and new skills are needed from the front-line to the C-suite. That’s where coaching comes in. HR professionals who can infuse a coaching mindset and skills throughout their organization can create opportunities for development, at every level of the organization. Coaching takes place in real-time, on the job and is relevant to each individual and their particular needs. The end result is a more resilient organization.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Explain & apply CCL’s unique coaching framework.
- Put critical coaching skills to use.
- Manage coaching relationships more effectively.
- Adapt one’s own coaching style as needed.
- Build a results-driven personal development plan.
- Identify ways coaching can be effectively applied throughout the organization.
- Set strategies to create a coaching culture.
Who Should Attend?
Mid-to-senior level HR professionals who are:
- Responsible for coaching others.
- Responsible for creating a coaching culture in the organization.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Teaching managers to be more effective in giving feedback & developing others.
- Spreading a coaching mindset throughout the organization so everyone has access to coaching.
- Refining one’s own coaching skills.
- Creating a resilient organization prepared to handle challenges.
Why Choose Coaching for Human Resource Professionals?
- Program is approved for HRCI credit: 23 HR General re-certification hours towards PHR, SPHR & GPHR re-certification.
- Curriculum is based on International Coach Federation core competencies.
- Utilizes CCL’s results-based coaching model, providing tools for immediate use back home.
- In-depth assessments help participants understand their own leadership style.
- Two peer-based coaching sessions allow participants to try out new skills in a safe, feedback-rich environment.
- Post-program development includes 2 coaching sessions with a CCL faculty member.
- Work closely with expert coaches & small groups in a focused & feedback-rich learning environment.
- Extensive networking opportunities with other HR professionals.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
Phase 1: Prepare
A comprehensive assessment of the leadership coaching skills necessary to develop others.
- Give a detailed picture of coaching strengths, behaviors and preferences.
- Identify & clarify development needs.
- Establish a foundation for personal & professional growth.
- Feedback that Works
- Active Listening
Phase 2: Engage
This 3-day program is a 30-hour combination of synchronous (24 hours) & asynchronous learning (6 hours) including:
- Five structured practice sessions around relationships & assessments; support & listening; challenge & results; integration, & goal setting.
- Written feedback forms for all practice sessions.
- Active listening activities.
- Coaching sessions around coaching effectiveness, feedback, goal setting, & creating a coaching culture.
- Group coaching to learn from CCL expert coach & peers.
Phase 3: Apply
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support including:
- 2 peer coaching sessions.
- 2 follow-up coaching sessions with a CCL coach.
- An e-course, Developmental Conversations.
Average class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
1 instructor : 4 participants
Colorado Springs, CO
*Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run the full program on-site.
3,800 € **
**Excluding VAT – Brussels, Belgium
Coaching is fundamental for a company to succeed. We need to be able to sustain people who are creative and who are motivated, and continue to bring them up through the system to take on more responsibilities. At CCL, I learned the right way to get the most out of good people, to energize them.