Learn to inspire others to be their best by attending the Coaching for Greater Effectiveness program. Coaching helps deepen development and build resiliency.
Rapid change. Unpredictability. Turbulence. This is the world in which organizations find themselves in every day. Developing people in this environment means more than just learning a specific set of skills. Coaching uses informal and formal means to inspire discovery, reflection and persistence in others.
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) developed Coaching for Greater Effectiveness to give leaders the skills needed to ask the right questions, encourage exploration, build trust, listen for understanding and offer effective feedback.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Utilize CCL’s unique coaching framework to learn the essentials of coaching and new coaching skills that can be immediately applied.
- Build trust, establish boundaries, challenge thinking & assumptions, & listen to understand.
- Create a results-driven development plan using a powerful peer coaching process.
- Manage the coaching relationship & understand how personal preferences affect coaching relationships & outcomes.
- Adapt their coaching style to individual personalities, learning styles & circumstances.
Who Should Attend?
First-to-senior level managers who develop and coach others.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Motivating employees to increase engagement & build trust.
- Developing employees to build capacity for self-direction.
- Maximizing team performance.
- Improving peer relationships & practices.
Why Choose Coaching for Greater Effectiveness?
- Multiple practice coaching sessions let participants practice new skills in a supportive environment.
- 3-day format maximizes learning with minimal time away.
- Work extensively with expert coaches, both 1:1 & in small groups (10+ hours).
- 60-minute follow-on coaching call supports post-program learning.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
Phase 1: Prepare
Coaching for Greater Effectiveness includes a comprehensive assessment of the leadership skills necessary to coach and develop others. Pre-program assessments:
Phase 2: Engage
For 3 days, participants practice and develop critical coaching skills in a safe, supportive learning environment.
The program includes:
- Introduction to CCL’s framework for effective coaching, Relationship, Assessment, Challenge, Support & Results.
- Research-based content & experiential learning.
- Multiple coaching practice sessions, with feedback from CCL Master Coaches.
- Goal-setting process & preparation for coaching back at work.
Phase 3: Apply
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via this ongoing support:
- One 60-minute phone coaching session with a CCL Master Coach.
- Access to myCCL designed to reinforce lessons from the program, including White Papers, webinars, tools, articles & quick-reference checklists.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support (extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages) & custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Average class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
1 instructor : 4 participants
*Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run a full program on-site
“It taught me to ask questions — and the power of asking the right question is 10 times the power of giving the answer. These are learning’s you can apply wherever you go.”
— CGE Participant