Effective communication is the cornerstone of effective leadership. You simply can’t lead well without it. That’s why every leader at your organization—no matter the level or function—needs to be able to coach, give feedback and ignite better conversations. So how do they do this when many leaders feel ill-equipped to coach? Better Conversations & Coaching is a leadership coaching course that gives leaders the skills and confidence necessary to become master communicators. By working in small groups led by a dedicated mentor, participants at this coaching conversations training will develop a personal communication and coaching style that works for them and their teams.
What Do Participants Learn?
Participants will begin the program by developing four critical, foundational skills required for successful communication and coaching engagements: Listen to Understand, Ask Powerful Questions, Challenge & Support, and Establish Next Steps & Accountability. They will then learn how to:
- Utilize these core skills to improve the effectiveness of their daily conversations
- Implement these core skills in formal coaching conversations
- Manage coaching relationships more effectively
- Adapt their own coaching style as needed
- Build a results-driven personal development plan
- Build an awareness of the impact of coaching on the organization’s culture
Who Should Attend?
Better Conversations & Coaching is designed to improve a leader’s coaching confidence at all levels and functions of an organization. It’s especially suited for:
- HR professionals looking to transition from tactical managers to strategic business partners
- Any leader who wants to improve trust, communication and engagement with their team
- Individuals who want to champion the development of coaching culture within their organization
- Individuals seeking coaching certification
Challenges Faced During this Coaching Conversations Training
Without effective communication, employee performance, employee engagement, talent retention and business execution are at risk. Working in groups of four, each paired with a coaching expert, this program will show leaders a simple, practical, scalable coaching model and increase their coaching confidence and competence. This coaching conversations training will help:
- Teach managers to more effectively give feedback and develop others.
- Spread a coaching mindset throughout the organization so everyone has access to coaching
- Refine one’s own coaching skills
- Create a resilient organization prepared to handle challenges
- Motivate employees to increase engagement and build trust
- Improve peer relationships and practices
Why Choose Better Conversations & Leadership Coaching Training?
Better Conversations & Coaching goes beyond the basics. This specialized program provides leadership coaching training that gives participants the confidence and competence needed to lead intentional coaching conversations.
- Small groups of four led by an expert coach provide the focus, support and feedback needed.
- Self evaluation, along with facilitator, coach, and video feedback enable participants to identify strengths and hone development areas.
- Practice of real-world coaching and communication challenges with an expert make the learning more applicable than role-playing fictional stories.
- CCL is a proven leader in the coaching industry, with 700+ coaching experts, 20,000+ hours of 1:1 coaching delivered around the globe every year, and decades of coaching experience.
- Upon completion of Better Conversations & Coaching, participants will have the option to participate in an additional 3-day “Better Conversations & Coaching Level 2” course. Completion of both Better Conversations & Coaching Levels 1 & 2 gives participants the 60 training hours needed for ICF ACSTH ACC Accreditation.
- Ongoing support through exclusive alumni community. Learn more.
Average class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
Participants work in groups of 4, each paired with an ICF-Certified Mentor coach
Colorado Springs, CO
San Diego, CA
*excluding VAT in Belgium
Better Conversations & Coaching Level 2
Leaders who have completed Better Conversations & Coaching Level 1 may want to continue to advance their coaching skills to the next level. Learn more about how CCL’s Better Conversations & Coaching Level 2 program will provide a deeper application of CCL’s core coaching skills, and additional International Coach Federation approved training hours.