Leading for Organizational Impact: The Looking Glass Experience provides insight into leading within an organization. When leaders of departments and divisions see challenges and opportunities through the eyes of others, it impacts their individual expertise. A narrow focus is useful in the tactical responsibilities of a specialist, but leaders of functions must see the nuances and the whole picture of an organization’s overall mission to be strategically effective. Navigating diverse global trends, unpredictable economic forces, and rapidly-changing business cycles demands a new set of skills.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Balance tactical concerns with strategic priorities to improve decision-making.
- Navigate the organization as their leadership responsibilities increase.
- Work more effectively across boundaries to build strategic ties & gain new perspectives.
- Draw on a deeper self-awareness to leverage leadership & boost personal resilience.
- Identify the behaviors required to inspire others & align people to organizational outcomes.
Who Should Attend Leading for Organizational Impact: the Looking Glass Experience?
Executive and Senior Leaders in charge of functions, divisions, or business units in large organizations.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
The challenges are immense. Participants in the program will reflect on organizational challenges involving one or more of the following:
- How to be organizationally agile with strategy, people, processes, & systems across the organization.
- How to strengthen & deepen relationships to bridge differences & build strategic ties.
- How to balance competing priorities when all are important & personal reserves are slim.
Why Choose the Leading for Organizational Impact Program?
- A powerful, proven global business simulation — Looking Glass, Inc. — is at the heart of the program and provides hands-on learning & skill practice.
- Customized 360-degree assessment offers personalized feedback for each participant.
- Research-based content focuses on the issues that matter most.
- Offered globally over 30 sessions a year.
Average class size & Faculty/Participant ratio:
1 instructor : 8 participants
San Diego, CA
Additional program locations are offered through network associates.
**Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run the full program on-site.
*excluding VAT in Belgium
What Participants Say About Leading for Organizational Impact:
would recommend this program to a colleague
say they are better prepared for future responsibilities
say this program was worth the time & effort