Knowing how to lead an effective team is key for every leader. CCL’s program, Leading Teams for Impact, provides insight and tools to build a better team.
Matrixed organizations, cross-functional teams, geographically dispersed teams – it’s all the norm in today’s world. Knowing how to effectively lead a team is a core leadership skill. Getting those with differing leadership styles, experiences and knowledge aligned around a common goal isn’t easy. Often, knowing how to effectively facilitate a team is the key to success.
Leading Teams for Impact is designed to give leaders the skills needed to overcome group challenges, maximize team performance and achieve the results that matter most for success.
What Do Participants Learn?
Attend a 4-day program and acquire the ability to:
- Boost team success by delivering results despite external pressures & limited resources.
- Make trust & conflict management a shared responsibility of each team member.
- Influence others within the organization, so that the team can achieve greater results.
- Meet the changing — and often complex — needs of a co-located, virtual or dispersed team.
Who should Attend?
Managers Seeking to Maximize Team Performance
- Leaders of cross-functional teams.
- Leaders responsible for creating team-based organizational systems.
- Team members who can influence leadership & collaboration on teams.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Aligning team members around a common goal & direction.
- Bridging boundaries – geographic, cultural & organizational.
- Leading without formal authority.
- Managing conflict & leveraging constructive conflict.
- Getting commitment to team goals versus individual successes.
Why Choose Leading Teams for Impact?
- Outdoor team leadership simulation engages participants allowing them to try out new behaviors in a safe, feedback-rich environment.
- In-depth assessments & 1:1 session with a certified CCL coach provides understanding & shapes a long-term development plan.
- Research-based curriculum uses CCL’s Team Needs Effectiveness framework, exploring trust & conflict within the team.
- Extensive networking opportunities with others.
- Peer learning provides feedback, suggestions & support.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
Phase 1: Prepare
Leading Teams for Impact includes a comprehensive assessment of the leadership skills necessary for today’s team leaders. Pre-program assessments include:
- Assessments identify individual behaviors & preferences that impact team dynamics.
- Pre-program interview surfaces internal and external challenges.
Phase 2: Engage
This 4-day dynamic program includes:
- Experiential activities and hands-on exercises for practice and deeper learning.
- Individual coaching with a certified CCL coach to focus learning and plan next steps.
- Team coaching to better facilitate team effectiveness.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions and support.
- A half-day exercise to target skills, gain practice and receive feedback.
Phase 3: Apply
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support:
- Access to online tools and a resource library.
- Optional fee-based learning tools ensuring development continues post-program.
Average Class size & Faculty/Participant ratio:
1 instructor : 10 participants
Colorado Springs, CO
*Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run the full program on-site.