Knowing how to lead an effective team is key for every leader. CCL’s Leading Teams for Impact program provides the insight and tools you need to build a better team.
Matrixed organizations, cross-functional teams, geographically dispersed teams — they’re all the norm in today’s world. And aligning people with different leadership styles, experiences, and knowledge around a common goal isn’t easy. Often, knowing how to effectively facilitate a team is the key to success.
Leading Teams for Impact gives leaders the skills they need to overcome group challenges, maximize team performance, and achieve the results that matter most for success.
What Do Participants Learn?
Attend a 4-day program and learn how to:
- Boost team success by delivering results despite external pressures & limited resources.
- Make trust & conflict management a shared responsibility of each team member.
- Influence others within the organization so that the team can achieve greater results.
- Meet the changing — and often complex — needs of a co-located, virtual, or dispersed team.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers seeking to maximize team performance.
- Leaders of cross-functional teams.
- Leaders responsible for creating team-based organizational systems.
- Team members who can influence leadership & collaboration on teams.
What Challenges Are Addressed?
- Aligning team members around a common goal & direction.
- Bridging boundaries — geographic, cultural, & organizational.
- Leading without formal authority.
- Managing conflict & leveraging constructive conflict.
- Getting commitment to team goals versus individual successes.
Why Choose Leading Teams for Impact?
- Outdoor team leadership simulation engages participants, allowing them to try out new behaviors in a safe, feedback-rich environment.
- In-depth assessments & 1:1 with a certified CCL coach provides understanding and helps participants shape their long-term development plans.
- Research-based curriculum uses CCL’s Team Needs Effectiveness framework, exploring trust & conflict within the team.
- Extensive networking opportunities with others.
- Peer learning provides feedback, suggestions, & support.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
Phase 1: Prepare
Leading Teams for Impact includes a comprehensive assessment of the leadership skills necessary for today’s team leaders.
- Give a detailed picture of the individual behaviors & preferences that impact team dynamics.
- Focus on how individuals may be building or breaking trust in their teams.
Phase 2: Engage
This 4-day dynamic program includes:
- Experiential activities and hands-on exercises for practice and deeper learning.
- Individual coaching with a certified CCL coach to focus learning and plan next steps.
- Team coaching to better facilitate team effectiveness.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions, & support.
- A half-day exercise to target skills, gain practice, & receive feedback.
Phase 3: Apply
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support:
- Access to online tools & a resource library.
- Optional fee-based learning tools to ensure development continues beyond the program.
Average Class size & Faculty/Participant ratio:
1 instructor : 10 participants
Colorado Springs, CO
*Scale-up option for companies wishing to send multiple managers or run the full program on-site.