Tech Moves Forward. Why Isn’t She?
Despite more women than ever beginning scientific or technical careers, more of them are also exiting these fields—unfulfilled and underappreciated. Leadership positions in the tech world continue to be male-dominated, leaving most organizations gender-imbalanced in a way that not only discourages and drives away ambitious women but also puts businesses at risk of underperformance.
Women in tech improve business outcomes across the board.
That’s why it is imperative they climb the ladder.
Companies in the top quartile for gender diversity are 15 percent more likely to have financial returns above their respective national industry medians.
McKinsey Quarterly, 2015
Bringing to this challenge decades of research on women’s leadership as well as expert insights from women in technical roles, the Center for Creative Leadership has created Advancing Technical Women—an intensive skill-strengthening program designed expressly for early-to-mid career women who want to increase their visibility and improve their opportunities for advancement in the tech industry.
Using real-world experiential exercises and candid peer feedback, Advancing Technical Women helps women recognize and communicate their distinctive value with clarity and confidence while giving them tested and proven strategies for networking more effectively and expanding their portfolio of leadership experiences.
What Do Participants Learn?
- How to stand out and gain experiences to aid in career ADVANCEMENT.
- How to improve COMMUNICATION back at work.
- How to build a strategic NETWORK to gain visibility, experiences, and sponsorship.
- How to become your own AGENT in advancing your opportunities.
- How to secure and succeed at challenging STRETCH ASSIGNMENTS.
- How to use a deeper understanding of your identity to enhance the way you express your leadership BRAND at work.
- How to implement an ACTION PLAN empowering you to reach your full potential.
Who Should Attend Advancing Technical Women?
Early-to-mid career women in scientific or technical roles from all industries who desire to advance to a management position OR who desire to advance within their career path. The average participant will have 5-10 years of work experience.
Why Choose the Advancing Technical Women Program?
- Research-based content focuses on the issues that are most critical for advancement.
- Designed by engineers and tested with hundreds of women who are currently in technical roles.
- Opportunities to network with, and learn from, other technical women who are dealing with similar challenges.
- More than just a 1.5 day program, this is a 12-week learning journey that includes:
- a face-to-face session,
- online support and resources,
- ongoing peer mentoring,
- and a 2-hour virtual learning session.
- Participants will leave the program feeling energized and empowered with tools and resources to take ownership of their careers
*Note: Participants will come back together for a 2-hour virtual webinar 12 weeks post-program.
Average Class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
1 instructor : 15 participants
San Diego, CA
San Jose, CA
*Contact us to learn more about options for organizations who wish to run the program onsite.
*Register three or more participants to receive a 10% group enrollment discount. You must call our Client Services group at +1 336 545 2810 and mention this offer to take advantage of this discount. Note that this discount may not be combined with other discounts.