Leadership is all we do.
But our approach is distinct. We work with you to discover your priorities and customize our unique leadership solutions to best fit your needs. We create leaders who move their worlds. Our innovative solutions are steeped in extensive research and experience gained from:
- ~2,000 organizations annually;
- ~20,000 leaders annually, at all levels; and
- leaders in more than 160 countries, across 6 continents.
We deliver results that matter – sustained impact for you, your business, and the world.
To advance the understanding, practice and development of leadership for the benefit of society worldwide.
To fully realize our mission, the Center will create new knowledge that advances our field and that positively transforms the way leaders, their organizations and their societies confront the most difficult challenges of the 21st century.
CCL believes global responsibility is important to carry out our mission in a globally responsible manner.
We believe in:
- Creating new knowledge – we advance our field and positively transform the way leaders, their organizations and their societies confront the most difficult challenges of the 21st century.
- Being a great place to work – we develop our people’s capability and talent, recognizing the power of their ideas and aspirations; we promote an environment of diversity, fairness, support and continuous learning.
- Supporting local and global communities – we have a genuine concern for the welfare of ‘communities’ we touch through our work. We help communities in need through scholarships, volunteerism, donations, pro-bono work and sharing of our talent, services and materials.
- Managing our operations responsibly – we have good governance and risk management; we conduct our work with the high standards of quality and integrity; and we work with our suppliers, clients and operations to reduce our environmental footprint.
- Engaging our stakeholders – we listen to and regularly connect with our stakeholders, working to address shared issues of concern
History of CCL
The story begins in the twentieth century in North Carolina (U.S.A.), when Lunsford Richardson, with the help of his son H. Smith Richardson, founded a company to sell and distribute a series of home remedies he had invented as a small town pharmacist. The company, built around one of these remedies, Vicks VapoRub, a salve containing menthol that relieved head and chest congestion, eventually grew into the Vick Chemical Company.
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) is keenly committed to delivering results that matter through leadership solutions customized to clients’ needs. This 2016-2017 Annual Report describes our brand promise to clients and how we deliver it. The report provides a snapshot of how CCL is helping clients to grow by accelerating their leadership performance, our knowledge and partnerships that are driving sustained results for clients, and our commitment to creating a better world through our work in the social sector. We hope that you will be inspired by what you see.
CCL has two governing bodies – Members and Governors.
Members have fiduciary responsibility for the Corporation’s physical and financial assets, operations, and tax exempt status. They elect the Members and Governors, appoint committees, manage succession and select auditors and advisors for the Corporation.
The Board of Governors is charged with managing the affairs of the Corporation with respect to program, policy, and implementation of the educational purposes of the Center.
Learn about the CCL Brand Story