Start charting your own course by enrolling in CCL’s Leadership Fundamentals program. Gain clarity, direction and an understanding of your own leadership potential to go further, faster.
Leadership isn’t defined by the job title. It’s about developing the perspective, skills and personal style to get results that matter. Individual contributors get the work done as they lead project teams, serve as key role models in the organization and are influential team members. Being an effective leader is crucial to one’s personal success and the success of the organization. The Leadership Fundamentals program was developed to introduce the essentials of effective leadership for greater success, faster.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program participants acquire the ability to:
- Move beyond comfort zones to work with others, solve problems & drive results.
- Rely on a range of techniques to influence others & address workplace challenges.
- Effectively collaborate with others to accomplish high quality work, faster.
- Develop a personal leadership brand & understand personal learning styles.
Who should Attend?
Individual contributors without direct reports; both valued professionals and emerging leaders.
What Are the Challenges?
- Influencing without authority.
- Building relationships & networks.
- Expanding a circle of influence & bridging internal boundaries.
- Defining personal leadership style & setting career goals.
- Expanding comfort zones to solve problems & think creatively.
Why Choose Leadership Fundamentals?
- Research-based content focuses on the issues that matter most.
- Interactive format blends classroom learning, small-group activities & personalized learning.
- Extensive networking opportunities.
- Peer learning provides feedback, suggestions & support.
- Post-program development with personalized leadership action plans, follow-up eLearning & online development toolkit.
- At least 10 sessions are offered globally each year.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
Phase 1: Prepare
- Before the program week, participants complete a background form and a brief self-assessment of learning type.
- We also recommend a “boss conversation” – a chance for participants to discuss their learning and career goals.
Phase 2: Engage
For 2 days, participants join 2 highly-qualified instructors in a dynamic, group-driven learning atmosphere to experience:
- Highly relevant, research-based content to expand perspective, build the foundation for learning core leadership skills, & identify a personal leadership brand.
- Experiential exercises to bring concepts alive & deepen learning.
- Sharing of feedback, insight, suggestions & support in peer groups.
- Extensive networking opportunities to meet peers and make connections that last.
- A process for developing a personal action plan for applying new knowledge & tools.
Phase 3: Apply
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support:
- An online portal with resources & support tailored to individual development needs.
- Access to eLearning (courses, books, checklists, etc.) designed to reinforce lessons learned.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support ( extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages) & custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Average class size & Faculty/Participants ratio:
1 instructor : 25 participants
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA