Effective Date: 10/31/2016
The Center for Creative Leadership (“CCL”) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our constituents. CCL subscribes to the American Psychological Association’s code of ethics regarding the use of an individual’s personal data for research; this code is particularly concerned with protecting the rights of the person.
CCL is based in the United States and maintains its servers in the United States. If you are visiting from the regions outside the United States with laws governing data collection and use, please note that by using our site and services your personal information will be transferred to the United States for processing.
CCL will also comply with government laws and regulations related to data collected by CCL for the purposes of providing the service for which the Client has engaged CCL. This could require local data storage or duplication of data storage across geographic regions.
Upon request CCL will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. Clients may correct, update, amend, delete/remove personal information, ask to have personal information removed from a public forum, directory or testimonial on our site or deactivate account by making the change on their account or by emailing CCL at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
CCL will retain personal data inluding data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as it is needed to provide services to its Clients. CCL will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
General Legal Disclaimer
CCL may also disclose personal information:
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When it is believed in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect others’ safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If CCL is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, users will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices users may have regarding their personal information
- To any other third party for whom users or clients have given prior consent
Changes To This Policy
The Center for Creative Leadership’s goal is to improve the quality of leadership in organizations through research, education, and the dissemination of knowledge. As part of this effort, CCL gathers research data on both organizations and people. These data are then analyzed and the results are used by CCL and published in summary form in reports designed for wide circulation. By providing personal data to CCL, users agree that we may use that data to deliver the requested service and communicate information regarding CCL-related programs, products and services in which they may be interested.
Since the organizations and people who participate in our training programs and other activities represent valuable sources for research data, the information collected from them is stored in CCL databases and may become a part of a research project. CCL has a strong commitment to protect the rights, privacy, and dignity of every person who participates in these activities. For this reason there are a number of safeguards in place:
- CCL is guided by the American Psychological Association’s code of ethics regarding the use of an individual’s personal data for research; this code is particularly concerned with protecting the rights of the person.
- Questions related to race/ethnicity or family history are for U.S. research and reporting purposes. U.S. law encourages us to collect information on the racial demographics of our clients. Other legal jurisdictions outside of the United States may not permit the collection of such information. Therefore, answer race/ethnicity or family history questions only if you reside in the United States.
- Assessment data collected about or from an individual as part of a leadership development activity are shared with and explained to that person.
- Information collected about or from an individual is considered confidential. Individuals receive feedback on assessments only from qualified Feedback Coaches.
- Although CCL has never been required to release information without an individual’s permission (or the permission of an authorized legal representative such as an executor, executrix, or the holder of a valid power of attorney), it is acknowledged that in the extremely rare case of a court order, CCL might be compelled to do so.
- Data collected from surveys published by CCL are stored in its database. They become a part of the norm group, containing thousands of scores, against which individual scores are calibrated. Periodically, CCL publishes data on groups of people. Individuals are never identified in these reports. Specific organizations are identified only if prior written approval is received from the organization. CCL may also provide organization summary profiles on groups of individuals in that organization if the number of individuals is large enough to be potentially meaningful.
- If it is desired, response data can be removed from CCL’s research database. Click here to access the Remove Data form which should be submitted to one of the address options noted on the form.
- In order to ensure that all assessment materials for individuals are received and scored, data are typically not deleted until 60-90 days after receipt of the Remove Data request. Please note that once data is removed from the database, CCL will not be able to provide a duplicate feedback report at a later date or use that data in any group profiles.
In many cases, CCL collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
CCL acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to CCL’s Client (the data controller). If the Client requests CCL to remove the data, a response will be provided within 30 business days of their request.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the CCL’s Web site: http://www.ccl.org. By providing CCL with personal data through its Web site, clients and users agree that their data may be used to render requested services and provide information on new programs, products, services and offerings.
People who are contacted by CCL are provided with a means of updating their information or informing CCL that they would not like to receive such information through the “opt-out” process detailed below.
In all cases where financial data is collected, it is solely for billing purposes and is collected using secure transmission technology.
Information Request Forms
CCL’s site information request form requires users to provide contact information (such as name and e-mail address). This customer contact information is used to send the user information about the Center for Creative Leadership. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
If a user chooses to use the CCL Web site referral service to tell a friend about CCL, the friend’s name and contact information will be collected. This individual will automatically receive a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the site. He or she may contact CCL at email@example.com or the other opt-out options described below to request that CCL remove this information from its database.
CCL collects users’ contact information (such as name and e-mail address) and financial information (such as account or credit card number). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to its customers. Contact information is also used to get in touch with customers when necessary.
Registration Request Form
CCL collects information necessary for registration in a program. This includes the user’s contact information (such as mailing address) and financial information (such as credit card number). Contact information from the order form is used for all necessary contact related to program attendance.
myCCL Member Profile Form
For memberships in myCCL, the myCCL member site collects member contact information and preference responses to leadership challenges. This information is used to contact members and to provide information regarding publications, research, programs, and other information to address his or her expressed interests. In addition, myCCL acts as the user portal for post-registration data and online assessments for programs. Members of myCCL are requested to log in during an e-Commerce transaction. Any information collected during the transaction will be used to process that order. In addition, this information may be used internally to provide better service to myCCL members. If registering for a program, some information gathered while logged in to a myCCL account may be used for the purposes of the program. Members can update their profile at any time while logged into myCCL. Members can also choose to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where information is requested. In addition, members are provided with the option to opt out of all future communications. See Opt Out or Unsubscribe section on this page below.
From time to time, CCL may post online surveys to ask visitors for opinions on leadership, CCL service, or visitors’ needs. This information will be used internally to provide better service to CCL clients. Any customer contact information collected would only be used to contact the visitor if necessary. Demographic and profile data may also be collected as the need arises, and would be used for internal reporting only.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to some of its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information. To request removal of personal information from CCL’s blog or community forum, contact CCL at firstname.lastname@example.org. In any case where the removal of personal information is not possible, the requestor will be informed.
With their consent, CCL displays personal testimonials of satisfied customers on its site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent your testimonial along with your name may be posted. Any client wishing to update or delete a testimonial should contact CCL at email@example.com.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. CCL’s secure server encrypts all payment information, including name, address, credit card number and expiration date. The encryption process takes all personal information and converts it into code that is securely transmitted over the Internet using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
IP addresses allow CCL to diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. IP addresses are used to gather broad demographic information for internal use only.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, scripts and other similar technologies are used by CCL and its marketing partners, affiliates, analytics and online customer support provider. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about CCL’s user base as a whole. CCL may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most Web sites, CCL gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. This automatically collected log information may combine with other information collected by CCL. This is done to improve the services offered you, to improve marketing efforts, analytics, and site functionality.
Local Storage Objects (Flash/HTML5)
CCL uses Local Shared Objects (LSOs) such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs, please click here.
Service Provider, Sub-Processors/Onward Transfer
CCL will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as necessary to fulfill order(s) for our goods and services and to validate your payment details.
In some cases, aggregate and/or anonymous information may be used for marketing, product development, strategic or research purposes directly associated with CCL.
Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with CCL Clients.
CCL partners with a third party to either display advertising on its Web site or to manage advertising on other sites. This third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about user activities on this site and other sites in order to provide advertising based upon their browsing activities and interests. If it is desired to not have this information used for the purpose of being served interest-based ads opt-out by clicking here. (Or, if located in the European Union, click here.) Please note that this does not opt one out of being served ads. They will continue to receive generic ads for CCL products and services.
Social Media Widgets
Unsubscribe from CCL Newsletters and other Communications
To update information in CCL’s database(s), or to opt out of future communications, please use one of the options below to submit the details of your request:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our Subscription Management Form
- Contact CCL at the appropriate regional number:
|CCL – Americas||CCL – Europe, Middle East, Africa||CCL – Asia-Pacific||CCL – Russia|
|+1 336 545 2810||+32 (0) 2 679 09 10||+65 6854 6000||+7 (495) 662 31 39|
- OR Contact us at Center for Creative Leadership, ATTN: Client Services, One Leadership Place, Greensboro, NC, 27410
By providing personal and organizational information to CCL, users agree that the information may be used as described above. Clients or users who wish to have their response data removed from CCL’s research database must submit their request in writing using this form. The completed form may be turned in at their CCL program, if applicable, or it can be returned to CCL using one of these options:
- E-mail the Remove Data form to: TechnicalTeam@ccl.org
- Mail the Remove Data form to: Center for Creative Leadership, ATTN: Client Services, One Leadership Place, Greensboro, NC, 27410
NOTE: In order to ensure that all assessment materials for individuals are received and scored, data are typically not deleted until 60-90 days after receipt of the Remove Data request. Individuals who have data removed from the database will not be able to receive a duplicate feedback report at a later date, nor will their data be available for use in any group profiles.