Duration: 1 hour
Premium Members Price: $36
In the past, mentoring was primarily about educating and training employees to climb the corporate ladder within a single company. While the model of an “ideal career” has changed dramatically, mentoring practices largely haven’t. The problem is compounded by the fact that many mid-level and senior executives feel trapped in a less than ideal career themselves.
Key concepts covered in this webinar include:
- The difference between a sponsor and a mentor — and why you can’t be both
- How to define success outside the traditional measures of salary and position
- How to connect personality, passions and strengths into a real career path
- Why your most talented protégés are at greatest risk of career implosion
- The assumptions that sabotage retention efforts, especially with women
Target audience: Managers and protégés looking to maximize the mentoring relationship
Jennifer Gresham is the founder of the No Regrets Career Academy, an online course to help mid-career professionals discover the work that makes them happier, more successful, and fulfilled.
Jennifer knows about career change first hand. A Ph.D. biochemist and former Assistant Chief Scientist of the Human Performance Wing for the Air Force Research Lab, she left the Air Force four years short of retirement to pursue her dream career. She now brings a scientific approach to career change as a writer and coach. She has helped thousands of professionals through her blog Everyday Bright and currently works with clients from more than 12 countries around the world.