- Patrick Sweet is Co-Director for CCL’s Leadership Alliance with the Geneva Centre for Security Policy. Prior to this, he was CCL’s Regional Director, Northern Europe.
- 30 years of experience in organizational and leadership development across private business, research and non-profit sectors.
- Areas of expertise: individual/executive, team, organizational and cross-sector societal development. Focus on diffusing and adopting innovation & change, including leading 3 EU R&D projects on distributed power and information grid technology.
- Strong skill in facilitating actionable ‘feedforward’ with individuals and collectives.
- 20 years of experience using assessment-based leadership development and talent management across Europe with organizations such as Korn-Ferry International, Decision Dynamics (as Partner), and regional/global client organizations and executives.
The GCSP-CCL Leadership Alliance, headed at GCSP in Geneva, is formed to advance leadership development among those working with international peace and security, including cross-sector actors from Civil Society, NGOs, Governmental, Military, and Corporate entities. The Leadership Alliance engages stakeholders including and beyond military and foreign affairs executives, who are directly interested in sustainable societal advancement.
Representative Publications Include:
- ‘Leadership Culture not the Leader’, Financial Times, Business Education
- ‘Corporate environmental management and sustainable enterprise: The influence of information processing and decision styles’, Business Strategy and the Environment
- ‘Socio-economic Status and the Early Diffusion of personal computer in the U.S’. Social Science Computer Review
- ‘Career Dis-integration and Re-integration in Mergers and Acquisitions: Managing Competence and Motivational Intangibles’, European Management Journal
- ‘Is full-service dead’? Published Letters, Harvard Business Review.
- ‘Strategic value configuration logics and the “new” economy: A service economy revolution’? International Journal of Service Industry Management
- Numerous speaking engagements and conference presentation including the Academy of Management, the International Leadership Association, IEEE, Distributed Power Generation, and individual organizations.
Ph.D. Lund University, Sweden (Business Economics). Baccalaureate Degree, Organizational Studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Two times Bovard Scholar, University of Southern California, Annenberg School of Communications.
Scholarship, Wired Cities Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Japanese Institute of Technology.