Meena is a former Senior Enterprise Associate at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) – Asia Pacific and author of Developing Tomorrows’ Leaders Today: Insights from Corporate India (Wiley, 2010).
A versatile and dedicated professional, during her 22 years at CCL Meena led several significant start-ups. As Interim Managing Director, CCL-Asia Pacific (APAC), she opened up the APAC campus in Singapore. As Research Director, she launched a Singapore-based Research, Innovation and Product Development (RIPD) unit. She was also Principal Investigator for the Lessons of Experience-Asia project, managing cross- organizational teams in India, Singapore, and China.
Meena lead CCL’s Asia Women’s Initiatives and Network (A-WIN) project. Her focus is on women’s career advancement; accelerating top talent development by using workplace experiences (or the “70” in 70-20-10); and cross-cultural adaptability. She worked across CCL’s global locations to implement regional research and product development.
A native of India and former resident of Alaska, Meena’s previous work experiences include educational policy analysis for the state of Alaska, program development for public schools in Anchorage, AK, and project work at the Xavier Labor Relations Institute in Jamshedpur, India.
Meena holds a Ph.D. in adult and organizational development from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, an M.S. degree from Syracuse University in television-radio journalism, and a B.A. from Mills College in Oakland, CA.
- “Learning from Experience” in The Center for Creative Leadership Handbook of Leadership Development (Jossey-Bass, 2010)
- “Foundations of Responsible Leadership: From Self-Insight to Integrity and Altruism” in Handbook of Responsible Leadership and Governance in Global Business (Edward Elgar, 2005)
- “Effective Cross-Cultural Leadership: Tips and Techniques for Developing Capacity” in Crossing Cultures: Insights from Master Teachers (Routledge, 2004)
- “Leading Across Cultures: Five Vital Capabilities” in The Organization of the Future (Jossey-Bass, 1998)
- International Success: Selecting, Developing, and Supporting Expatriate Managers (CCL, 1998)
- Managing Across Cultures: A Learning Framework (CCL, 1996)