As part of our On Leadership series, CCL Vice President of Leadership Solutions David Dinwoodie talked with Karen McNeil-Miller, the President and CEO of the Colorado Health Foundation, the third largest health foundation in the country, with $2.5 billion in assets.
McNeil-Miller offered useful leadership insights about the importance of self-awareness, the challenge of changing roles, the difference between mentorship and sponsorship, and how to overcome fear.
She also answered these 5 questions:
- What do you think is the key to successful leadership?
- What advice would you give to other women striving to succeed in the workplace?
- How have you helped the organizations you’ve led shift their perceptions of change?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned along your leadership journey?
- What do you think will be the key to successful leadership in the future?