As part of our On Leadership interview series, CCL Senior Vice President Bill Pasmore had a conversation with John Garrison, the CEO of Terex in Westport, Conn.
Terex Corporation is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services delivering lifecycle solutions. It serves a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utilities, quarrying, and mining.
Among other things, Garrison explained his thoughts about the following questions:
- What do you think is the key to being a successful change leader?
- What has changed the most as you’ve taken on more senior positions?
- What is the most effective way to build trust as a leader?
- What are some of the challenges you’ve faced as a leader?
- What traits that you possess do you think have most contributed to your success?