How do we directly address conflict in a way that preserves or improves relationships, creates new opportunities and increases productivity?
Step Up To Conflict is a Lead-it-Yourself Workshop Kit developed by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) in collaboration with the Eckerd College Leadership Development Institute, a valued partner of CCL for over 30 years. We believe that:
- Conflict is Inevitable: When people work together they bring differing perspectives, opinions and motives that can lead to conflict.
- Conflict is Not Always Bad: Many conflicts – when handled properly – can create an atmosphere of creativity and innovation.
- Conflict Management Skills Can be Learned: While natural ability is helpful, we know these skills can be effectively developed and improved.
- Mobilizing reframes boundaries to develop community
- Weaving interlaces boundaries to advance interdependence
- Transforming cross-cuts boundaries to enable reinvention