Start with the imperative to develop next-generation leaders, add the pressure to do it efficiently, and then kick it up a notch by mixing employees from 16 countries into the same experience. A partnership between Xerox Corporation and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) has taken this complex challenge and turned it into a recipe for success.
The Xerox Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is a five-month program that blends face-to-face sessions, Web-based learning platforms, online assessment, personal executive coaching and internal mentoring. Originally developed for Xerox’s North American operations, ELP got it’s start in 2001 when Xerox challenged CCL to create a program that would prepare a pool of up-and-coming employees for leadership roles. Xerox also sought to develop more people, more efficiently by using leading-edge learning technology.
- Identify the skill set and experiences needed for effective leadership in the digital economy.
- Build a pool of leaders who are equipped to manage complex problems.
- Prepare employees for participating in cross-functional, cross-cultural, and geographically dispersed teams.
- Overcome time zone differences and language barriers to prepare a new generation of leaders.
- ELP projects are helping reduce costs, improve quality and deliver better service.
- Participants gain an appreciation for the complexity and diversity of the organization.
- Improved communication and teamwork skills translate to meaningful leader development.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
A high-quality leadership development program can have lasting positive impacts on your organization’s ability to perform and grow. Give your leaders the training they need to move your business into the future with custom leadership solutions tailored to your needs.Download Article