Privacy Commitment for Assessment Data
CCL's goal is to improve the quality of leadership in organizations through research, education, and the dissemination of knowledge. As part of this effort, we sometimes gather research data on both organizations and individuals. These data are then analyzed and the results are used by CCL and published in summary form in reports designed for wide circulation. By providing personal data to CCL, you agree that we may use that data to deliver the requested service and to communicate information to you regarding CCL-related programs, products and services in which you may be interested.
Since the organizations and people who participate in leadership development activities represent valuable sources for research data, the information we collect from them is stored in our databases and may become a part of a research project. We also, however, have a strong commitment to protect the rights, privacy, and dignity of every person who participates in these activities. For this reason we have a number of safeguards:
- CCL is guided by the American Psychological Association's code of ethics regarding the use of an individual's personal data for research; this code is particularly concerned with protecting the rights of the person. In addition, we are guided by the U.S. Department of Commerce's "safe harbor" principles covering data privacy for residents of the European Union. In fact, we strive to extend these more stringent data privacy protections to all CCL clients, wherever they reside.
- Questions related to race/ethnicity or family history are for U.S. research and reporting purposes. U.S. law encourages us to collect information on the racial demographics of our clients. Other legal jurisdictions outside of the United States may not permit the collection of such information. Therefore, answer race/ethnicity or family history questions only if you reside in the United States.
- Assessment data collected about or from an individual as part of a leadership development activity are shared with and explained to that person.
- Information we collect about or from an individual is considered confidential. Individuals receive feedback on assessments only from qualified feedback coaches.
- Although CCL has never been required to release information without an individual's permission (or the permission of an authorized legal representative such as an executor, executrix, or the holder of a valid power of attorney), we acknowledge that in the extremely rare case of a court order, we might be compelled to do so.
- Data collected from surveys published by CCL are stored in its database. They become a part of the norm group, containing thousands of scores, against which individual scores are calibrated. Periodically, we publish data on groups of people. Individuals are never identified in these reports. Specific organizations are identified only if we receive prior written approval from the organization. We also may provide to an organization summary profiles on groups of individuals in that organization if the number of individuals is large enough to be potentially meaningful.
- If you do not wish to have your test scores become part of our research database, you must complete the information on page two and return it to the following address: Client & Assessment Services, P.O. Box 26301, Greensboro, NC 27438-6301. Requests must contain your full name, signature, and organization name. In order to ensure that all testing materials for individuals are received and scored, data are typically not deleted until 60-90 days after receipt of the request. Please remember that if you have your data removed from the database, we will not be able to provide to you a duplicate feedback report at a later date or use your data in any group profiles.
- From time to time, CCL makes use of the personal contact information we collect to keep our constituents aware of news related to CCL programs, products and services. People that we contact are provided with a means of informing CCL that they would not like to receive such information. For details on these procedures, visit our Web site: www.ccl.org/privacy. We take your privacy very seriously and will act responsibly.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Commitment, or wish to correct or remove any personal data from our database, please feel free to contact one of CCL's Client & Assessment Services representatives at +1 800 780 1031 or visit our Web site at www.ccl.org/privacy.
If you wish to have your data deleted from the CCL research database, please download CCL's Privacy Commitment for Assessment Data, complete page 2 and return it to CCL. (Adobe PDF, 54 KB)
|Phone||+1 800 780 1031||+32 (0) 2 679 09 10||+65 6854 6000|
|Facsimile||+1 336 282 3284||+32 (0) 2 673 63 06||+65 6854 6001|
|Mailing Address||Center for Creative Leadership
Attn: Client Services
P.O. Box 26300
Greensboro, NC 27438-6300
|Center for Creative Leadership - Europe
Avenue de Tervueren 270 Tervurenlaan
B- 1150 Brussels, Belgium
|Center for Creative Leadership - Asia
238A Thomson Road #16-06/08
Novena Square Tower A