Leadership Development Program (LDP)®
Phase1: Before the Training Week
The LDP process is driven by detailed, personal data on each person. Participants fill out several assessment surveys prior to attending the five-day face-to-face session. In addition, certain surveys require that evaluations be completed by the participant's direct reports, peers, and superiors. The surveys will be sent to you at least seven weeks prior to your program date and you will be given a deadline for completion. For answers to commonly asked questions about pre-course work, visit our Registration FAQs.
Phase 2: Face-to-Face - 5 Days
Day 1: Leading from the Middle
Explore the realities of managers leading managers. Reflect on and discuss the critical leadership skills required to lead from the middle of organizations with the Leading Managers 360 assessment. Participants receive detailed data on how others see them in their leadership roles.
Day 2: Leading through Collaboration
Focus on how managers of managers work with and through their peers to coordinate and align the strategies of the organization. Think about how to more effectively communicate and influence peers when collaborating.
Day 3: Leading within a System
Focus on the middle manager's responsibility for leading up, across, down, and outside the organization. Engage in a highly interactive experience that simulates the complexities and challenges of that environment. Work in small groups with a CCL coach to assess the effectiveness of your leadership in this activity.
Day 4: Integrating Multiple Perspectives
Work one-to-one with a CCL-certified executive coach for three hours to review and integrate assessment data and other sources of feedback received throughout the program. Set goals and identify strategies to implement them. Participate in a process of giving and receiving feedback with classmates.
Day 5: Transferring the Learning
Refine goals and plans to take learning back to your organization. Revisit the challenge of leading from the middle and consult with classmates and facilitators on your goals and specific plans of action.
Phase 3: Application
After the classroom experience, CCL helps participants apply and sustain their development experience by providing:
- Two 45 minute follow-on coaching sessions with a CCL Coach. You also receive a structured process for conversations with your boss — a critical step for success.
- REFLECTIONS®, a 3-month post-program assessment to measure skills and behavior progress.
- eLearning provides you access to online training, publications and tools to continue your learning when you get back to work. eLearning topics are specifically designed to reinforce what you learned in your program. Each eLearning topic includes access to:
- eReference Ideas into Action Guidebook
- 45-minute Interactive Self-Paced eCourse
- Detailed Application Guide
- On-demand podcast
- Relevant articles and white papers
- Quick reference checklists, tools or job aids
Additionally, CCL also offers optional recommendations, resources and support for building leadership skills and connecting individual development to organizational needs.