Coaching for Greater Effectiveness
You wanted to help them develop, but did not know where to start.
Your approach may have been to tell them what to do and how to do it. Simple? Yes. Effective? Probably not. Such an approach could be repeated over and over again without ever seeing any improvement. Instead, why not tap into their motivations and help them come up with solutions on their own.
Coaching for Greater Effectiveness can show you how.
You will work intensively with a coach, one-to-one and in small groups. Using the Center's framework of assessment, challenge and support, you will learn how to build the coaching relationship to more effectively develop the skills of others. Multiple videotaped coaching sessions allow you to more closely examine your coaching style and abilities and build new skills.
Think about it. You can probably remember one person who made the difference in who you are now.
Wouldn't you like to give that same gift to others?
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for managing, developing, coaching or leading others.
- Learn the essentials of coaching by using CCL's unique framework, along with new coaching skills that can be put to immediate use.
- Participate in a combination of small group interaction and videotaped practice sessions. Coaches work closely with small groups throughout the program — and a high instructor-to-participant ratio (1:4) — provides a focused and feedback-rich learning environment.
- Build a results-driven development plan using a powerful peer coaching process that is overseen by experienced CCL faculty.
- Learn more about yourself and others. You will understand the importance of managing the coaching relationship - as well as how your personal preferences affect coaching outcomes. And you will increase your understanding of others' personalities and learning styles to enable you to better coach them.
- Learn how to adapt your coaching style to individual styles and circumstances.
- Participate in a follow-up coaching session, conducted by telephone 30 to 45 days after the program, to reinforce and extend classroom learning.