Leaders Make the Future
Welcome to the Center Connection San Diego resources site! This page was created to continue the learning and engagement that the group found valuable. We had 30 senior level managers, directors and senior officers responsible for leadership development, training, and human resources representing 24 agencies and organizations attend the event. The Center for Creative Leadership was proud to partner with the Institute of the Future in delivering some insightful and compelling content.
The evaluations indicated that you found the packed day of learning and networking very relevant and we hope that you continue to reach out to CCL and to each other for questions and resources. You may access the day's presentations and additional resources in electronic form below.
Please contact Debra Lucenti at +1 336 286 4337 or email@example.com with questions about the event materials or if you are interested in attending a future event in the area.
Leaders Make the Future: Ten New Leadership Skills for an Uncertain World
Presented by Bob Johansen, Distinguished Fellow, Institute for the Future (IFTF).
We are in a time of accelerating disruptive change. External forces will reshape the attributes and actions of leaders around the globe. Leaders face the challenge of responding to these forces while making the future. Bob Johansen, a social scientist and ten-year forecaster who has outlived his forecasts more than three times over, with remarkable accuracy, will offer FORESIGHT:
- Summarize the external future forces that will be most important for leaders to consider-thinking ten years ahead
- Define the skills that leaders will need to thrive in the next decade such as dilemma flipping, smart mob organizing, commons creating, and reciprocity-based innovation
- Examine the critical connection between the future world and the leadership skills to meet future needs.
More about the Second Edition, Leaders Make the Future
- What You Will Find in this Book
- Partnership with CCL
- How Individuals and Organizations are Using this Book
Insights and Action for Leadership Development
The best prepared leaders for the future are those that have experienced leadership development through immersive learning experiences. A foresight-based approach blended with a strong leadership development model can produce a roadmap to develop future oriented leaders. CCL will share several leadership development models and provide clarity on the approach — INSIGHT and ACTION.
- Apply various approaches to leadership development programs and keys for success
- Discuss how future leadership skills can be developed and applied
- Experience a self-assessment that will determine readiness for the future and how to improve in each area.
- Leaders Make the Future, Bob Johansen Presentation
- Future Trends
- Making Leadership Happen
- Developing A Leadership Strategy
- Ideas into Action Guidebooks
- More about Leadership Explorer Tools
- To order more copies of Leaders Make the Future
Founded in 1970, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education that unlocks individual and organizational potential through its exclusive focus on leadership education and research. CCL Conducts research, produces publications and provides a wide variety of educational programs and products to leaders and organizations in the public, corporate and nonprofit sectors.
The Institute for the Future (IFTF) is an independent nonprofit research group in Silicon Valley. It works with organizations of all kinds to help them make better, more informed discussions about the future. IFTF provides independent foresight to provide insights that lead to action. The institute is based in Palo Alto, California and was founded in 1968. www.iftf.org