Message from the President
Welcome to the Center for Creative Leadership. As a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, we are committed to accelerating the strategy and business results of our clients by unlocking their leadership potential. In keeping with that spirit, we offer on this site a wealth of information about leadership, ranging from research findings to practical information for managers and executives in our free, monthly e-newsletter, Leading Effectively. By also spotlighting our programs, products and services, we show you how CCL can help individuals and organizations across the private, public, nonprofit and education sectors enhance their capacity for leadership.
I invite you to join CCL's online community — myCCL — by registering today. As a member of myCCL, you will have access to CCL's knowledge through articles and other leadership materials, as well as updates about our offerings and how they might assist you on your leadership journey. We recognize that interaction is at the heart of any successful community, and we encourage you to help us build a community of leadership by visiting this site often.
Thank you for your interest in CCL.
John R. Ryan
Center for Creative Leadership
John Ryan Op-Eds and Articles
CCL CEO John Ryan has written a dozen columns on topics ranging from driving growth and leading innovation to managing leadership stress and leading with the heart. Access all of them here.
The Washington Post
- Reflecting on the revolution in Egypt in February 2011, CCL CEO John Ryan examines the impact of social media on leaders. His conclusion: Authenticity and collaboration are now more important than ever.
- In this February 2011 column, CCL CEO John Ryan explores the leadership flaws of Egypt's former ruling class.
- CCL CEO John Ryan nominates Salt Lake City kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart as his Leader of the Year for her courage, perseverance and authenticity in this December 2010 column.
- "Spending time with my five grand kids always reminds me that children are great mimics. Spending a few minutes with the daily newspaper reminds me that adults are too--and often with far less charming results." In the December 2010 article, CCL's CEO John Ryan weighs in on when top talent behaves badly.
- There's a saying that culture eats strategy for breakfast — and GM's leadership culture nearly ate it alive for three reasons: complacency from previous success, too many silos and a very dangerous case of short-termitis. In this November 2010 article, CCL's CEO John Ryan discusses how GM's culture ate its strategy.
- In this October 2010 piece, CCL CEO John Ryan explores why we need more politicians who actually say what they think and act on it.