San Diego, CA Campus - (view information about the San Diego, CA campus)
Individual delivers a variety of Open Enrollment and Custom client programs as well as partnering with an Account Manager (AM) on a Client Relationship Management (CRM) team to meet clients' needs and advance sales opportunities by providing subject matter expertise. This position will work with a team to grow the CCL client portfolio. Individual takes the lead role in discovery processes, design, development, and pilot delivery. Helps ensure optimal presentation of CCL capabilities, materials, and products to CCL clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers open enrollment (OE) and pilot custom programs, as designated, to senior managers and executives. Primary OE focus on programs for upper middle management to senior level audiences.
- Expertly facilitates group process; reads and responds to climate issues; quality of facilitation significantly deepens program impact.
- Designs, develops, and delivers new open enrollment and basic (Level 2) custom program materials, modules, and simulations as well as training others in their use.
- With CRM team, develops and implements client retention and acquisition strategies. Supports Client Relationship Management for a key set of major accounts.
- Pursues sales possibilities in the classroom and effectively hands off qualified leads.
- With Account Manager and client, engages in a number of discovery processes to assess client needs and determine desired learning outcomes. Aligns outcomes to CCL portfolio and sells CCL's ability to deliver outcomes.
- Using sound adult learning principles and the breadth of CCL's capabilities, designs, and develops quality leadership development solutions with both individual and organizational impact using the D6 process and 4Mat methodology.
- Collaborates with CCL staff on the development of new program designs including the development of content, exercises, cases and simulations.
- Communicates and negotiates solution design and delivery with clients within established guidelines.
- Partners with other CRM team members to develop planning, communication, and processes for client ease throughout implementation.
Minimum Job Specifications (Requirements)
Requires a Ph.D. in I/O psychology or other related field or MS in a business or social sciences field.
- Minimum eight years experience working in corporate business and/or OD fields.
- Proven experience working in or consulting with Fortune 100 corporate clients.
- Expertise in the development of complex customized leadership development solutions for individual leaders as well as system-level change initiatives.
- International work experience and executive coaching is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional knowledge of relevant content areas, including the fields of management/leadership, organizational development, talent management, adult learning theory, and human resource development.
- Strong facilitation and program delivery skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence upper middle management to senior executives displaying executive presence in the classroom.
- Effective interpersonal skills (for interaction with clients, participants, and staff).
- Ability to perform successfully as a solo, team, or lead trainer across a wide range of programs.
- Flexible, adaptable with clients, colleagues and organization needs.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Creates basic program designs and works using a design methodology such as D6.
- Significant experience using technology options for facilitating learning — i.e. webinars, podcasts, online simulations, etc.
- Demonstrates understanding of the organizational business models and financial goals. Incorporates an understanding of the economic, financial and organizational drivers of a particular client or industry to design solutions and demonstrate organizational impact of the solution.
- Demonstrates knowledge and subject matter expertise of all programs and current research for more than one practice area.
- Pursues sales leads in the classroom and partners with the sales team to close the sale.
- Flexibility to travel up to 35%. Programs may be delivered at client locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. The Center for Creative Leadership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please specify the position for which you are applying. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: HRSAN@ccl.org