Bio - Michael Campbell
Engaged in both facilitation and research, Michael's work has focused on such topics as talent management, succession management, high potential leaders, as well as senior executive leadership. He is co-creator of CCL's Talent Sustainability Framework as well as CCL assessment tool the Talent Orchestrator. Through research, design, and facilitation Michael has worked with and supported clients representing manufacturing, retail, and professional services organizations. He has designed and trained workshops on coaching effectiveness, executive selection, and vision. Michael has conducted several webinars for CCL's Leading Effectively Webinar Series, and has co-designed experiential modules, tools, and activities for CCL programs.
Michael has partnered and collaborated with organizations such as the Human Capital Leadership Institute in Singapore, Bersin & Associates, Michigan State University, Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden and the Indian School of Business. He has presented at conferences hosted by organizations such as the Academy of Management, the International Leadership Association, the American Society for Training and Development, and the Conference Board.
As a member of CCL's Global Markets Americas group, Michael serves as a facilitator, trainer, coach, and researcher. As a Portfolio Manager he provides design support and subject matter expertise for solutions that help leaders responsible for 'leading managers' in their organizations. He trains in the Leading Teams for Impact program and Leadership Development Program in addition to customized design and delivery work. He is also a lead researcher on CCL's initiative to examine talent and succession management in a global context, and CCL's Senior Executive Research Initiative.
Michael earned a B.S. in Business and an M.A. in Communication from the University of Colorado. He is certified as a CCL executive coach and certified on the CCL Assessment Suite of instruments, the Hogan Leadership Assessments, and the 4MAT® design methodology.
Michael is co-author of the industry and best practice report High-Impact Succession Management: Best Practices, Models, and Case Studies in Organizational Talent Mobility, as well as the guidebook Talent Conversations. He has also co-authored multiple whitepapers such as High Potential Talent: A View from Inside the Leadership Pipeline and Boundary Spanning Leadership. Michael is also a Lecturer at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
CCL Research White Papers & Reports:
- High Potential Talent: A View from Inside the Leadership Pipeline
- High-Impact Succession Management: Best Practices, Models, and Case Studies in Organizational Talent Mobility
- Boundary Spanning Leadership
- The Stress of Leadership
- Teams have needs! 3 Keys to Greater Team Effectiveness
- Talent Conversations: What They Are, Why They're Crucial and How to Do Them Right
- The Pillars of Successful Executive Leadership: What We Know About Senior Leaders and What it Means for Your Development
- Building an Authentic Leadership Image
- Lessons Learned from Executive Churn
- Relationship Skills in Demand
- Causing Stress: Demands on Leaders
- Stress Busters: Tips for Dealing with the Stress of Leadership