Association for Managers of Innovation - Overview
AMI is a pioneering organization comprised of committed individuals who foster and leverage creativity and innovation in organizations and society. AMI identifies leading edge innovation, shares experiences, sponsors research, and recognizes innovation and creative processes.
AMI members, through sharing and candor, encourage each other to openly explore topics of interest and support mutual learning and personal development. AMI actively promotes diversity in perspectives. In an environment of fun, high energy, and action, AMI members value and respect the contribution each member makes in achieving the organization's goals and mission.
The goals of AMI are to:
- Identify worldwide emerging innovation, leadership, creativity process and organizational development concepts and practices of value to organizations.
- Educate AMI members regarding these concepts and practices.
- Educate AMI members in concepts and practices for innovation implementation in organizations, i.e., to be effective change agents.
- Evaluate concepts and practices for AMI recognition and suggested further research by the Center for Creative Leadership.
- Leverage the resources and skills of the Center for Creative Leadership to meet AMI's goals.
- Summarize significant trends and opportunities for member organizations.
- Publicize new knowledge and trends learned in the concept and practice of innovation of American industry and society, including education.
- Provide mechanisms and structure for members to benefit from sharing and developing ideas, including new business development and technology transfer processes.